The unit is all empty (and my spare room and living room are fit to bursting with bits of equipment), and the keys are being handed back tomorrow morning, so Four Paws has reached its hopefully-not-permanent end. And I'm now feeling a little bit like I'm floundering in life and don't know which way the shore is! Having spent the last 12 months trying to build up a full time business and having a plan to focus on, and having had to call time on that plan for now, I feel a little bit lost without a plan and don't quite know what to do now.
I've accepted a 'normal' admin-type job at a local college and am supposed to start that at the end of the month, and I'll do it to pay the bills as I have little choice, but it's not really what I want to do with my life, so it brings me back to asking myself that question again of 'what do I want to do with my life?' and 'what is important in life to me?'. I thought those questioning days were behind me!!
I guess I'd settle for a normal day job if I could spend my evenings training my dogs with some wonderful trainers, but there really aren't any locally that I'd want to go to, and training the dogs between just me and mum is hard - we really need an expert pair of eyes to be watching us and someone to make sure we're making progress. Going it alone is never easy, and makes simple things like finding the motivation to get all the equipment out hard when it's just the two of you and it's heavy! So I don't really know what to do at the moment. The chance of finding a suitable venue available for use full time is slim, so the idea of building the business back up isn't looking likely unless we can buy somewhere between me, mum and dad, but that's asking a lot of them and the right property is hard to find. So the other alternative is to consider moving somewhere more in reach of some decent trainers like Lauren, and settling for the normal day job because at least I'd be able to train my dogs properly with someone I respect and who will push us on. But I can't move away without a job lined up, and moving to a new area is a slightly scary thought! It is, however, one that I'm looking into with some degree of seriousness. Watch this space...
And in the meanwhile, mum and I did manage to do one last training session before cleaning up the unit in order to finish filming a few clips of the things we've been working on with the pups in the way of Foundation Agility stuff. The video's slightly long! Apologies!! :)
This is fantastic - I wish I'd seen this 2 years ago, before I got Abs.... and wish I lived near Bath. But I, too, am trying to persuade my OH that we need to move nearer to Okehampton... Mabye we can find a huge, vast premises that would suit two families and do agility there... :)
ReplyDeletemanda