Well, it’s been a while since I last blogged, but to be honest it’s been a quiet few months! I started my new day job at the local college at the end of November, and have been settling in there. Mum and I have done very little training with the dogs as it snowed which made training difficult, and then it snowed some more which made it even more difficult! The Christmas agility show we were entered in was cancelled due to the weather. So all in all a boring few months! However the snow has cleared (for now!), the weather has warmed up a bit, and 2011 is now here, so hopefully things will get going again now!
Due to the improvement in the weather, we managed out first agility training session for months in our field at the weekend. God it was good to be out and doing something constructive with the dogs! We did an hour with the collies on Saturday, focusing on weaves and jump grids to get us back in to it (and to build the dogs back up to it!), then did an hour of Foundation Agility stuff with the pups. Oh my goodness they’re cracking!! So keen, so bright, and so FAST!! I managed to film a bit of that, but haven’t edited it together yet, but the video will follow shortly… On Sunday I held a bit of an impromptu class for some of my keen lot, then we did a bit more with the collies since all the equipment was out of the shed! Finn’s contacts are looking absolutely fab now, and it might just have been my imagination but I thought he was jumping better, with less knocked jumps, but we’ll have to see if that continues into the competition season! And Willow was looking pretty keen, and is definitely weaving with more confidence and speed, so hopefully it’ll be a good season for us!
Anyway, that’s it for now! I’ll leave you with a little vid I made of my limited training efforts in the sodden aftermath of all the snow! This was done at the park behind my house with very limited equipment on a miserable afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment