Saturday, 6 June 2009

Happy 16th Birthday to Cassie!

Well, she made it! My beautiful old girl has reached the grand old age of 16 today, making her our oldest lived dog so far! Words can't express how grateful I am that she's made it this far, as there was a point earlier in the year when it looked like it might not happen, but here she is, still barking away! Old age is definitely catching up with her now though, and it breaks my heart. They really are with us for far too short a time. But the impact they have on us is huge! Cassie and I have grown up together, I was 11 when I got her, she's seen me through my teens, several house moves, and much more. We spent weekday evenings together at training classes, and weekends racing around at agility shows. She's not got the legs for the racing around any more, but she still enjoys pottering around down the field, and food has become her obsession! Bless my little sweetheart! Happy Birthday Cassie.


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday sweetie! Still here despite everything, Sideways Sal, you beat that Polly! xxx

    ReplyDelete