
Well, what a busy few weeks we've had! Last week was spent almost entirely focussed on preparations for the dog show on Saturday, and while trying to organise this, I also decided to restructure and re-write all of my classes and relaunch them for September! Nothing like putting yourself under a bit of pressure!
So, Saturday saw the first ever Four Paws One Direction Fun Dog Show, and what a brilliant day it was! The sun shone, and after weeks of rain it was almost too hot for the dogs, but we didn't complain as the people arrived en masse to help us raise some money and enjoy a bit of warmth! And as it's now raining again today, I'd say we were very lucky with the weather!
The turn out was better than I could have hoped for, and the dogs were all beautifully behaved. The entries for the classes were sizeable, and gave my two judges a few difficult decisions to make! Most people seemed to go away with a prize bag or a raffle prize, so I think everyone was happy!
We've done a provisional count, and on the last tally we'd raised £173 each for Valgrays Border Collie Rescue and Irish Retriever Rescue, so that's pretty impressive! Thanks to all who helped contribute to this, and to all my helpers who made the day possible. More pictures can be found here...

NEW COURSES
From Septmember 2009 we'll be launching a range of new and exciting courses! Details can be found on our website here... Four Paws New Courses... and I'm looking forward to getting these started. Hopefully the fixed courses will make making progress easier, so that everyone is getting the most out of their time with us.
Looking forward to working with you all in the new year (well, I work in a school, so September is the new year for me!)!
Shelley & Finn x
No comments:
Post a Comment