Another busy few weeks gone, and more to come! Mum, dad and I spent every spare moment over the previous two weeks at the new venue doing the DIY and decorating needed to set it all up. It was a hard slog, with many a late night, but by 7pm on Tuesday we were finally ready to welcome in some of our closest doggy friends for a small opening training session! The venue’s not huge, and there were really far more dogs than I would want in there normally, but they were all fab and seemed to enjoy themselves, and I was pretty proud to be able to welcome everyone in to my cosy new ‘home’! Then Wednesday evening saw the first class of the newly reformatted Puppy Lifeskills course take place, and I really started to feel at home in the space and to start to believe that this really can work!! Sure, in an ideal world we’d have found somewhere a bit bigger that afforded a wider variation in do-able activities in there, but venues are hard to come across, and the figures have to stack up when you’re a one woman business! And this space, whilst a little on the cosy side, is all ours!! So no lugging a car full of equipment backwards and forwards, no having to rush through classes to finish on time, and no need to stay ‘til really late to do the cleaning as it can just be done before the next class! So I'm pretty pleased with everything we've achieved over the last couple of weeks! Here's a little video clip I cobbled together...
And Kay Laurence has made us stars of her Learning About Dogs YouTube channel! Here's a video clip from the Energy workshop we did a few weeks ago...this was all about proprioception and connecting with your dog through movement. Very enjoyable, and very tiring for the dogs! Click here to see Willow and Finn in action!
No comments:
Post a Comment